He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
God is a God of fresh starts.
- In the beginning, He spoke a new world into existence.
- He gave Adam and Eve everything they needed and could ever want.
- After their sin, He personally provided skins from animals giving them a fresh start.
- The sacrificial system would provide for a fresh start: the cleansing and forgiveness for the Old Testament worshiper year after year.
- At the right time, the one-time-for-all-time Perfect Sacrifice made a fresh start possible for all by His death, burial, and resurrection.
- In Christ, we have a new life by His initial forgiveness and the fresh start of ongoing forgiveness as we confess our sins to Him.
- By His resurrection, Jesus gives us a fresh start as we pass from death to life.
- And one day, He will make “everything new!”
This year is winding down. But with Jesus, every day is a day of fresh starts. Whatever this past year has held, remember, our hope is in God…the God of fresh starts.
Father, thank You for being a God who allows us clean, fresh starts. Thank You for the newness You provide in this life and for eternity! In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Read through the Bible this year:Today's Reading
Join Our Facebook Group
Today on The Journey Broadcast: