Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce;
then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.
God is not worthy of our leftovers. We should worship him with the firstfruits—the best—of our time and money. This proverb reminds us that God blesses obedience. Let’s consider ten questions to help you evaluate how you are doing in honoring God with your wealth—rather his wealth for you to steward.
- Is it off the top or scraped off the bottom?
- Is it based on budget or blessings?
- Is it poured out or squeezed out?
- Is it worship or duty?
- Is it sporadic or consistent?
- Is it given thankfully or painfully?
- Is it given cheerfully or tearfully?
- Can it be described as generous?
- Can it be described as sacrificial?
- Who are you honoring…God or yourself?
Father, help us to honor you with our wealth. Give us the courage to make the necessary changes. May we acknowledge your ownership in all areas of our lives.
In Jesus’ name.
Today’s Journey Message: