“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).
Immanuel! God with us! What a powerful name! What a comforting name! At a designated point in history, God came to this earth, in human form! Now, for the rest of history, he is with us and lives in us. The God who never changes is the constant in our lives of constant change. The Spirit of the living God indwells every believer.
- When the job changes…God is with us.
- When our location changes…God moves with us.
- When illness alters our lives…God is there with us.
- When dread fills our hearts…God is with us.
- When joy overflows…God is with us.
- When our dreams die…God is with us.
- When we breathe our last breath…God is right there with us.
I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. I know that the next phone call could change my life. But whatever happens in the uncertainty of life; this one thing I am certain of—he is Immanuel.
- Thank God for coming to earth to do his work on the cross.
- Thank God for always being with you. Teach that to your children.
Father, remind me that I am never alone. Fill my heart with the assurance of Immanuel. Thank you that you are always with me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This Week on The Journey Broadcast: