Okay, maybe sin has knocked you for a loop. Maybe it has wrestled you to the ground and pinned your back to the mat. But you don’t have to stay down. Today’s passage is a bold reminder that it’s time to get up, stand straight, and by God’s grace move forward.
Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. I will bear the indignation of the Lord because I have sinned against him, until he pleads my cause and executes judgment for me. He will bring me out to the light; I shall look upon his vindication.
For all who have been knocked down, read the passage again and then make these courageous statements with Micah.
- So, enemy, you rejoice over my failure? Do you think I will stay down on the mat? Do you think that my future is rendered ineffective by the sins of my past? Think again!
- No, I am not proud of my sin. I hate what I have done. I have dishonored God. But I will not stay down on the mat. By God’s grace, I will rise.
- I know my sin makes me sit in darkness. I feel guilty. I am guilty. But I will not stay in the darkened state of unforgiveness. The Lord is my light!
- Yes, I have sinned and God disciplines those he loves. And I know this—the very One who disciplines me is my Advocate who will plead my case…and win!
- I know that I don’t deserve God’s grace. And yet he offers it to me. And I accept it. He will pick me up off the mat. He will restore me!
- I have sinned. But my God will enable me to live in righteousness again!
- Thank God that he is greater than all your failures.
- Thank God for sending his Son to die for all your sins.
- Thank God for his great grace. Show it and teach it to your children.
Father, thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for picking me up when I fall. Thank you for your forgiveness. Thank you for your restoration. Thank you for Jesus who paid the penalty for all of my sins. Help me live in righteousness. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Today on The Journey Broadcast: